Nursing 7 Rights
Nursing Home Archives - Hamilton New Jersey, Elder Law Attorney
As citizens of the United States we are all familiar with The Bill of Rights, and as anyone who works in a hospital knows, there is a Patient's Bill of Rights too. But did you know there is a Nurses' Bill of Rights?
The Nurses' Bill of Rights was adopted by the American Nurses Association (ANA) Board of Directors on June 26, 2001. "The ANA Bill of Rights for Registered Nurses is a powerful statement of the rights that every nurse must have to provide high quality patient care in a safe environment, ” said ANA President Mary Foley, in 2001. "We believe that nurses have the right to a safe work environment, to practice in a manner that assures the provision of safe care through adherence to professional standards and ethical practice, and to advocate freely for themselves and their patients."
The Nurses' Bill of Rights dictates:
- Nurses have the right to practice in a manner that fulfills their obligations to society and to those who receive nursing care.
- Nurses have the right to practice in environments that allow them to act in accordance with professional standards and legally authorized scopes of practice.
- Nurses have the right to a work in an environment that supports and facilitates ethical practice, in accordance with the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
- Nurses have the right to freely and openly advocate for themselves and their patients, without fear of retribution.
- Nurses have the right to fair compensation for their work, consistent with their knowledge, experience and professional responsibilities.
- Nurses have the right to a work environment that is safe for themselves and for their patients.
- Nurses have the right to negotiate the conditions of their employment, either as individuals or collectively, in all practice settings.
The care value base is a set of rules and guidelines that every care...
Pop The Fruit 2 : Puzzle Candy Bubble (Acorn to Catch) - from Panda Tap Mania Studios
Mobile Application (Cobalt Play)
Baby Teething Necklace For Mom by Toogli - Fashionable Nursing Necklace For Mom to Wear - FREE Bonus Teething Guide - BPA, Lead and Phthalate Free - Lifetime No-Hassle Satisfaction Guarantee (Pearl White)
Baby Product (Toogli baby products)