Nursing 3 Quizlet
Medical Surgical Nursing
Thede & Sewell: Ch. 1 "Introduction to informatics", Ch. 10 "Internet & EBP", Ch. 11 "Digital Library", Ch.12 "Mobile Computing".
its focus is information management, not computers
The two roles in informatics
the informatics specialist AND the clinician who must use health information technology (HIT)
President's information technology advisory committee (PITAC) was created:
to support for greater use of informatics. It standardized terms and developed health care exchange
Who called for adoption of interoperable health records?
President Bush did in 2004
Two goals that affect nurses and healthcare:
1. Patient-focused healthcare
2. Population health
provide higher quality, cost-efficient care using electronics information exchange among healthcare providers patients and their designees
strategies for achieving goals for patient-focused healthcare
1. facilitate electronic exchange of patient's health information while protecting privacy and security of information
2. make info exchange interoperable so that it is available when and where it is needed
3. promote nationwide adoption of electronic health records (EHRs)
4. establish collaborative governance to guide the health information technology (HIT) infrastructure
access and use of electronic health information to support public health, biomedical research, quality improvement, and emergency preparedness
strategies for achieving goals for population health
1. provide for information access and use of population health while protecting privacy and security
2. make information exchange interoperable to support population-oriented uses
3.promote nationwide adoption of technologies and technical functions that will improve population and individual health
Admission Assessment Exam Review, 3e
Who plays the nurse in fred 3?
There is no nurse listed in the cast of Camp Fred. Amanda Davison plays the Camp Counselor. Kelsey Farese plays Camp Superior Counselor.
What does Juliet give to the nurse to give Romeo in act 3?
juliet gave her marriage ring to the nurse to give it back to romeo.
What are 3 nursing diagnoses for a transient ischemic attack?
The priority ND is ineffective tissue perfusion because TIA's are brought on by restriction of blood flow.
follow the following links and for good info.